Monday, July 30, 2012

Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

I'm really taking my time reading these. There are a lot to go through. I've now read two. It took a while to get through this one. Not because it wasn't good, but because I kept picking up other books. It seemed easy to just pick up and start where I left off even if I read a book in between.

This one was less like the movie. I know I should have been expecting that, but the first one followed pretty closely (the movie followed closely). Maybe the third book will have ties to the sequel as well. I think it will have to. I just have to say that Gilbert Blithe is the most patient man on earth, and I would be very excited to actually see a Gilbert Blithe type man someday. Unfortunately, the jaded part of me, doesn't believe he exists. Oh well.

The book introduced all new characters that I've actually never heard of. I enjoyed that. It's nice reading a book for the first time, and not knowing everything that happens before hand. (harder to imagine these new characters though).

I don't really have a lot to say about it. Just another book to add to the pile to read to my imaginary kids someday. I'll read the rest this year, but I have a lot of books on my list to read, so they'll come when I'm ready. As usual though, Anne takes me into her world, and makes me wish I had an imagination like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment