Sunday, April 1, 2012

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

I finished reading this about a week ago, but haven't made time to write about it. Possibly because after a week, I'm still processing what I've read.

I bought this book hard cover on sale, years ago. I loved the idea. A novel written from the viewpoint from a family member of somebody who has done something terrible. In this case, murdered class mates. For some reason, I didn't read it though until now. The reason I read it is because the movie is coming out. Or it is out, and I wanted to read the book first.

Now that I've read the book, I don't think I will ever be prepared to watch the movie. I also don't know if I would recommend the book. Although, I'd love somebody to read it so I can discuss with them. I guess the book had a purpose with me. It's been a while since I've read a book that left me thinking about it for so long.

So all in all, I guess I would want others to read it. Not parents though. Too scary. Not make you jump scary, but reality scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment