Friday, April 6, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I have managed to resist getting a lot of these series that have turned into movies. I wasn't in the slightest interested in reading Twilight (although I'm sure the books were way better than watching the movies). I can honestly admit I only got through one Harry Potter. I know it's good and everybody loves them. I didn't get through the movies either, and I'm sure they were much better than Twilight.

The Hunger Games I know is not the same, but it's still a teen series that has gotten so huge because people love the book, and the movie. I haven't seen the movie yet, and decided to buy the first in the series to see what all the fuss is about. Now I know.

I loved it. I couldn't put it down. I was SO invested in the story, and in the characters. I think I'll probably love the movie as well. It won't be as good, but I think it'll still be okay.

It also left me wanting more. The last two books are still being offered in hard cover, and I don't quite want to pay for them. I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I had an electronic reading device! I've the books are quite a bit cheaper.

I'm not going to get into the plot because it's all over the place. I loved it. I loved the idea of it, and would love to talk to the author. There wasn't a lot about her at the back of a book.

On to my next book. I'm not buying the new one of this series quite yet. I'll make it a gift to myself after going to the gym for a month. I'll stick to the books I have in my room for now that I haven't read yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment