Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mad River Road by Joy Fielding

I love books by Joy Fielding. Her books are definitely meant for females, and they are always about strong females. Sometimes the woman in her books don't realise how strong they are. I love that moment of clarity in the books.

That being said -I didn't really enjoy this one. It was darker than most. There were moments that would have been incredibly hard to write, and of course, she wrote them like a pro. I guess I was just waiting for the inspiration I get when I read her books, and I didn't get it. It isn't that it wasn't a great book, but I was expecting more. It left me feeling sad. Possibly because I wanted more. If I had seen the woman in this novel pick up the pieces of their lives and move on to bigger and better, I may have had a little more peace.

I'm not going to write the plot out. I obviously follow no sort of book review points when I write these. It depends what the book was, and then I decide what I want to write. Whether it be about the plot or the author, or about something I learned from the book.

One more book to write about today, and then I'm going to work on my own book.

No comments:

Post a Comment