Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

September 1, 2015


This summer has not been big for reading or writing. It's horrible but true. I actually finished this one at the start of September, but am finally writing about it.

Let me start by saying I am biased because I LOVE The Mindy Project. I didn't watch The Office quite as much. The Mindy Project is on Netflix, which of course makes it a lot easier for me to watch.

Now - to the book.

I obviously already think that Mindy is hilarious. When I bought the book, I expected to laugh through the entire thing.

I did laugh. Not through the entire thing though, and not as much as I expected.

It was a good book, it just wasn't all meant to be funny. It is non-fiction about Mindy. Stories from her life, things she likes, people she knows.  Some of it was quite funny, and other parts were simply anecdotes. 

At points in the book, I feel like we are are similar in thoughts, and other points, she's completely different.

For instance, her chapter on physical activity was brilliant. It described my feelings perfectly. It's titled "I am not an athlete." I like people who can admit it, and I understand completely. To this day, I have not found a sport that I'm good at. Mindy Kaling sounds like she is the same.

She also wrote a chapter on how she writes. I laughed and agreed with what she wrote 100 percent. It's basically how I write.


All in all, I'm glad I picked up the book, and I would read any others that she writes. She's witty, funny, and down to earth in her own way. It's a good light read.

I will be reading a lot more books this month - hopefully. 




Oh - and this is book Five. My goal was to read 13 this year. I have slowed down, A LOT.



©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment