Friday, February 3, 2012

How to Survive the Loss of a Love by Melba Colgrove, PH.D., Harold H. Bloomfield, M.D. & Peter McWilliams

This book was sent to me by a friend who had read it. She said somebody going through a divorce suggested it to her.

I wonder if it would have helped for my break up with Cameron? Although it is for all kinds of losses, I felt it was meant for break ups. Sad break ups. The loss of somebody you really loved, but by choice.... whether his/her choice or yours.

While it touched on death, it didn't really. I'm sure it is all similar. Except for one thing. I was still friends with Cameron after the break up. Now he's died, and I don't get to see him or talk to him again. Nobody's choice.

While reading it, I thought I would give it a reread... but I don't think I will. Believe me when I say, I wish it had helped.

It's an easy read. It has poems. It has nice and realistic thoughts about life and about love.

That's it. I'm sure I will be talking about more than one self help books. I will try anything to help my soul/self.

No comments:

Post a Comment