Saturday, December 3, 2011

House Rules by Jodi Picoult

I've said this before, but I'm not sure if I've said it in any of my entries on this blog. I LOVED My Sister's Keeper. Unfortunately, I read it first, and haven't fallen in love with another Jodi Picoult book in quite the same way. She's a good writer, and chooses topics that are wonderful.

I guess I just had really high expectations for all the books after My Sister's Keeper, and found myself disappointed.

This book -House Rules -was great. It was about a family -a mother and brothers. One of the brothers has Aspergers. It's a popular subject, but I'm not sure if it's popular because people are just finding out more about it, or it's a subject matter people are just interested in. I'll admit I am quite interested in this syndrome. Especially about Aspergers. It seems like probably more people have Aspergers than we probably think.

Off subject, if anybody has a chance to watch Mozart and the Whale -do. It's about the same subject. Although, I'm not certain anybody reads this particular blog.

I enjoyed House Rules -although, I figured out what was going on quicker than I would have liked. It seemed obvious to me what the end would be. I actually wondered if I'd read it before.

Anyway, I'm back on the loving Jodi Picoult books.

No comments:

Post a Comment